BECOME A BOARD MEMBER
on one of the Bay Area's premier network
for Young Nonprofit Professionals
We're looking for people with passion who can help guide YNPNsfba's growth as an organization. Board members are responsible for developing YNPNsfba in a way that helps accomplish our mission: connects emerging leaders in our community as a force for good. Through peer-led programs and resource sharing, we empower nonprofit professionals and create opportunities to make meaningful connections.
Serving on the YNPNsfba Board is an awesome opportunity to put your skills to use and take your involvement with YNPN to the next level as we build the systems and capacity of our organization. It's also a great way to focus on your own professional development by meeting new people, enhancing your leadership skills, and expanding your network.
If you'd like to apply, please email the following items to email@example.com to submit your application:
- Resume (please include your previous volunteer and board experience, if any.)
- How and what you know about YNPNsfba
- Why you are interested in being a YNPNsfba board member
- Your primary goals as a board member
- How you will contribute to YNPNsfba board if you are selected
- Please list other commitments that will prevent you from committing fully to YNPNsfba
- Please provide 2 professional references
Ideal board candidates have:
- Minimum 2-year time commitment to serve on the board
- A commitment to social justice and an understanding of the importance of equipping the emerging nonprofit leaders with the skills and networks that they’ll need to make an impact in their own career and our society
- The ability to balance strategic ideas with great execution
- The enthusiasm, timeliness, and accountability; and, most importantly, the time to commit to your Board tenure
- Willingness to not just “do” but also help develop systems and make our work sustainable
- 5 hrs/wk, 20+ hrs/month
- Monthly meetings
YNPNsfba is accepting applications for new Board members now on an on-rolling basis. Thanks for your interest!