The members of YNPNsfba's Volunteer Corps are the life-blood of the organization: they plan networking events, bring you career development, and work hard to improve the local nonprofit community. Volunteer Corps members work in close-knit teams and are able to build deep friendships and valuable professional experiences.
Would you like to join the Volunteer Corps?
Who: Local young professionals interested or working in the nonprofit sector.
What: Volunteer the skills you have or learn new ones through hands-on experience.
How: Monthly team meetings, quarterly volunteer meetings. Most volunteer work is done independently or collaboratively on your own schedule. You'll always be connected through our online workspace. If you have 5, 10, or 15 hours per month to give, we'd love to have you!
When: September begins our volunteer year, so apply soon!
Here are each of our committees you can join, along with a general idea of their responsibilities:
Networking Committee – Develop programmatic strategy and budgeting for all networking events such as: happy hours, book club discussions, trivia night, service projects, and speed networking/mentoring. **strong need
- Professional Development Committee – Develop programmatic strategy and budgeting for all educational and career development events, skills-based training and/or thematic panel and learning discussions.
- South Bay Committee – Develop programmatic strategy and budgeting for our expanding South Bay events.
- Technology Committee - Assist with management of YNPN's technology needs. Develop and implement a best-in-class technical strategy for member engagement, project management, and online presence. **strong need
- Membership Committee - Develop and implement overall membership strategy, work with education and networking teams to develop high value membership events.
- Development Committee - Proactively develop relationships with strategic partners. Develop fundraising campaigns soliciting community, alum network and volunteers.
- Communications and Marketing Committee - Set overall marketing and communications strategy, work with other stakeholders to understand their marketing needs and create collateral materials as necessary. Promote the YNPNsfba offerings through the website, list serve and social networking program. Actively develop overall branding strategy.